Becoming a CRSS Sponsor
We encourage companies interested in the research at the SSRC to become members of the SSRC. There are two basic paths to doing this. The first is to become a member of the Center for Research in Storage Systems (CRSS) through UC Santa Cruz. Currently, UC Santa Cruz is the only university member of CRSS; however, additional universities will be joining in the future. All members of CRSS who join through UCSC are automatically considered SSRC members. The second way is to join SSRC separately from CRSS.
Benefits of Membership
CRSS members receive the following benefits:
- Invitations for multiple attendees to the CRSS Annual Retreat
- Access to the CRSSC student resume book for internships and full-time positions
- Increased interaction with CRSS faculty and students, facilitating access to the latest research and technology and knowledge transfer
- Opportunities for collaboration with CRSS personnel on projects of interest to both
- Opportunities for visiting researcher positions at UC Santa Cruz
In addition, companies that decide to join CRSS receive intellectual property rights to inventions and copyrighted material, as well as the ability to participate in the CRSS Industrial Advisory Board. Please see the CRSS fact sheet for further details on CRSS membership.
Membership in CRSS is $50,000 per year ($15,000 for small businesses); we are not able to negotiate this amount, since it's set by agreement between UCSC and the NSF. For companies that cannot join at that level, we offer CRSS membership at reduced cost. CRSS memberships do not (currently) include automatic non-exclusive licenses to intellectual property, but do include all of the benefits of CRSS membership, listed above.